Sunday 19 April 2009

All together now



These supports are to hold the pressure box at the top and the bellows at the bottom. The section which is cut out in the corner is there so that the pressure lid can open easily.

The pressure box should fit inside the side panels. The pipe board should then also fit into the side panels. I noticed that the pipe board was wider than the pressure box. I didn't want to sand down all the pipes to fit in so I chose to redesign the casing. Now instead of the pipe board fitting inside the side panels, the pipe board goes on the front of the side panels.



This baton supports the pipe board.

The pressure box is put in. As everything fits in tight I found that as I put things together things got harder and harder to fiddle with and fix. I learnt that it is important to test everything as you go.

You can see here that I tried to make a make shift handle just to test it. This came apart quite quickly. You can also see that there is very little space to play with.

No comments: