Sunday 19 April 2009

Bellow pressure 3

I received many recommendations from fellow organ builders. See the comment section on this blog post: http://tracker-bar.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-showers.html
I also was very kindly offered a 2 part DVD from a man in Australia on how he made his organ. So I wasn't alone with my problem.
I decided to remake the valves to make them more efficient. I also decided to put a strip of card beneath them to make sure that the area below them was as flat as possible.




In this design there is no restrictive strap. The flap is held at each end so there is no need for one.
This is the remake of the card stiffeners. I think the card will stick better and rub away at the fabric less.

I took away the wooden cube that connected the bellows to the pressure box and used a pipe instead. This looks allot neater and should be more effective.

My final touch was to add a strip of leather accross the part of the organ that folds. This should strengthen this delicate area.

No comments: