Sunday 19 April 2009

Connecting pipes to board

I decided to use a very dark wood dye to colour the board which the pipes go on. Its not completely black but very dark brown. This makes a really nice contrast.

All the holes had to be put in exactly the correct place. I placed the peacock visaed on top of the pipes and pipe board to get the pipes in the right place so that they followed the shape of the peacocks. I considered using metal inserts in the pipes to reduce kinks in the pipes when connecting them to the tracker bar.

In the end I decided to not use the metal inserts as I didn't find it hard to gently bend the pipes to the tracker bar. Its like a forest of pipes down there! It is now almost impossible to get to the pipes at the back so I hope its right.
This pipe kept knocking against the connection rod so I attached a screw and an elastic band to keep it out of the way.


No comments: