Sunday 19 April 2009

Colour.

I have many references to how artists have represented peacocks in there art in my file, on cd. also in my sketch book. I saw this lovely carpet and really liked there use of colour, although it is a different style.

Looking at peacock feathers themselves was a useful reference.

I found it hard to get a really good brown that wasn't too dominating. I found that in allot of the art novou pictures the beautiful faded browns seamed to look rich but fade into the background.

The body of the peacock being all one coulor didn't look so fantastical so I added some different shades.The brown at the side was too dark. Adding yellow parts over the top was very hard so I painted them all yellow planning to start that part again. I tryed out highlighting some feathers with green which looked very horrid. I experimented adding slight shading to bring out the design. I found painting this very challenging. I havn;t done much painting this detailed and found it very hard to look professional.


No comments: