Saturday 18 April 2009

pipe making 3


The pipe stoppers were made by cutting out rectangle pieces of wood which fitted exactly into the bottom of the whistle. Then chamis leather was added in a square. A stick needs to pertrude from the stopper for easy adjustment.

This are the whistles all stuck together ready to be tested and tampered with. It is important to keep editing them to make the best sound you possibly can at this stage. The smallest air gap or bad angle on the mouth piece can make the whistle sound very fluffy.
The bottom mouth piece needs to be adjusted to make the right sound.
I really enjoyed tampering with the whistles to make nicer sounds. I found it very rewarding when I got a sound that I was happy with. I think it was very helpfull that I grew up playing the recorder.

No comments: